750g fresh flat rice noodles
2½ tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 shelled and deveined medium-sized raw shrimp
50g fish fillet, 1-inch thick, cut into bite-sized pieces
50g bay scallops
50g cleaned squid, cut into rings
50g baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into halves
50g canned straw mushrooms, rinsed
½ small carrot, sliced into pieces
Handful yellow chives, cut into 5 cm lengths
Pickled green chilies (optional)
250 ml homemade or store-bought chicken broth
250 ml water
3 dashes white pepper
½ teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon sugar
½ tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or sherry
¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
1. Loosen the flat rice noodles completely so they don’t clump together.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the noodle and soy sauce and stir fry until slightly charred. Transfer the noodles to a deep serving plate or bowl.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the Sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add in the minced garlic and stir-fry to a light brown and then pour in the Sauce.
5. Add the shrimp, fish, bay scallops, squid, baby bok choy, straw mushrooms, carrot, and yellow chives and bring the Sauce to a boil. Pour the Sauce on top of the flat rice noodles. Serve hot with pickled green chilies (optional).
selamat makan siang!
View on Path